TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
TranSystems' Santa Ana, CA office seeks a motivated and talented civil engineer. This position will include civil engineering design, CAD work and plan layout and presentation for a variety of roadway and highway projects, including road, site development, storm water management and utilities design projects. Day to day assignments and technical guidance will be directed by current staff Project Managers. This position will also involve coordination with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and personnel in theSanta Ana office and other TranSystems offices. Some project management experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering required.
Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and various engineering software systems
AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
Experience in the preparation of plans and specifications.
Civil 3D and GeoPak/InRoads
Completion of the Engineering-in-Training exam is strongly encouraged
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks.
2. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
3. Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
4. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
5. Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
6. Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
7. Keeps Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
8. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and/or participating in professional societies.
9. Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant to technical specialty.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).