Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Denver, CO, 80238, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Senior Pavement Engin Denver
| Jobs In Senior Pavemen...
| Jobs In Senior Pa...
**Date:** Jan 30, 2018
**Location:** Denver, CO, US
**Requisition ID: 72201**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Senior Pavement Engineer is a team member of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group. This position’s primary role is to provide permanent design services (PDS) and construction engineering services (CES) to Kiewit projects. Project involvement can be requested at any stage (Get Work, Build Work) of a project’s life cycle. Get Work project tasks can include proposal development, Task Force participation, proposal design including alternative design concept (ATC), and proposal estimating. Build Work project tasks can include Task Force participation, development of Final designs, construction engineering, and construction operations oversight. Unique to this position are CES tasks that involve on-site pavement mixture production process control and quality assurance oversight. Projects often rely on KIE, consultants, and or subcontractors for staffing pavement related construction tasks. Typical project deliverables include design reports, memorandums, and letters. These deliverables provide technical analysis, technical interpretations, and professional recommendations; all of these project deliverables are subject to KIE’s Design Quality Management Plan. Pavement Engineering is considered to be a “specialty” engineering service and as such has high visibility with Project upper management where high professionalism is always expected. Project related travel is projected to be as high as 50% and can be anywhere in North America (US and Canada). Continued job related learning (Kiewit University, Professional Engineer Continued Education, personal professional development) is encouraged and expected.
**Work Task Technical Competencies** :
• Experience in Pavement Design (AASHTO ’93, MEPDG)
• Experience in Pavement Materials (Asphalt, Concrete, Base Courses, Subgrades)
• Experience in Pavement forensics/research regarding pavement performance
• Experience in developing Pavement related construction specifications
• Experience interpreting Pavement Materials quality/process control data
• Experience proportioning and reviewing pavement mixes
• Ability to interpret/learn/apply client specific design methodologies, specifications, and standards
• Experience with the analysis of pavement profile, falling weight deflectometer, ground penetrating radar, and pavement friction testing equipment desire
• Experience/knowledge of working in roadway traffic-controlled work zones and/or construction project sites is highly desired
• Develop and maintain internal and external client relationships, including project and non-project related face-to-face meetings
• Provide work direction and train junior engineering staff
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s degree with emphasis in pavements or transportation materials related engineering field preferred.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Experience with industry specific software analysis and design software.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• 15 years of directly applicable experience.
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Denver
**Job Segment:** Construction, Engineer, Transportation, Quality Manager, Construction Engineer, Engineering, Quality
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."