535538: Vice President Federal Government Affairs - Washington DC
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s Government Affairs team is now looking for an experienced lobbyist to serve as our Vice President of Federal Government Affairs for our team based in Washington DC. This person will be a key member of the Government Affairs team, reporting to the Vice President and Head of Federal Government Affairs, and serves as primary liaison between **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and the United States Congress, the Administration and other key federal Institutions. Ideal candidate will have experience as a senior lobbyist for the private sector coupled with government experience (must be plugged in to United States Congress, the Administration and other key federal Institutions, though it is not essential the candidate have direct experience with the healthcare or managed care industries).
• Identify and advance political and legislative opportunities (also minimizing potential risks)
• Keep Government Affairs and Business Leadership informed of key Federal activities and developments within the Congress, the Administration and key Agencies
• Develop, implement and lead a strategic approach to advocacy efforts and coordinate, facilitate and advance business leadership priorities at the Federal Level
• Engage in political activities on behalf of Enterprise and ensure appropriate relationship building with existing and incoming Federal Elected Officials
• Working with the Members of the Government Affairs Policy Team, translate business agenda into national policy strategy, and advance and implement a strategic approach and advocacy agenda consistent with overall **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. priorities and efforts
• With other Federal Team members, manage relationships with Federal Consultants
Help write the history of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. as a part of Government Relations while healing the health care system and improving the lives of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree; graduate degree preferred (Government Affairs, Public Policy, Law or related fields).
• 5 years of lobbying experience, with a primary concentration in policy legislative issues.
• Preference for background experience with both private sector and government or political campaigns.
• Advanced interpersonal skills around building strong relationships with individuals across the political and advocacy spectrum.
• Ability to comprehend legislation and to clearly and effectively communicate complex regulatory subjects to others.
• Ability to influence key internal and external decision makers on key policy issues.
• Superior verbal & written communication.
• Strong personal integrity and able to think strategically.
As the leader of health care in America, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. We are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Website : http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com