Careers Center | Senior Track Designer/Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Senior Track Designer/Engineer
Posted Date 4 hours ago(2/8/2018 7:03 PM)
Job ID 33772
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Whatever the distance, wherever the destinationour designs lead you there. Our transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An immediate opening exists in our Raleigh Transportation Group for a Senior Track Designer/Engineer. Our intent is to grow this practice area significantly across the company, and this is an opportunity to assist in developing our rapidly growing business.
- A proactive hands-on role in railroad track design projects
- Management of the track design process through the conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design phases
- Development of ballasted and non-ballasted track structures, track alignment, profile, and associated grading plus drainage
- Assessment of rail vehicle/infrastructure clearances
- Peer review of the track design and associated reports prior to submission
- Liaison with other disciplines to ensure all work is completed to a high standard and with a consistent approach
- Preparation of the design briefs, technical reports, design analysis and calculations
- Calculation of quantities, preparation of cost estimates, project specifications and construction bid/tender documents
- Provide technical direction to junior designers/engineers and oversee work undertaken by junior staff
- Working with Project Managers on developing design schedule and budgets
- Participation in the preparation of proposals and other strategic initiatives
- Interaction with clients and transportation agencies on a regular basis
- Conducting periodic trackwork inspection comply with Stantec Quality Management, Safety, and Environmental policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Preferably 10-15 years experience in railway track engineering and complex, multi-discipline railroad/transit projects
- Must have a strong technical understanding of Class I Railway design for mainline, yards, industrial tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, special trackwork; ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Experience in commuter and light rail transit projects
- Ability to supervise more junior staff and coordinate production workload
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, meet the deadlines and budget targets
- Ability to work independently on projects and communicate potential issues with respect to scheduling, budget, or progress; and identify potential change orders
- Experience in track construction supervision and trackwork inspection
- Experience in P3 infrastructure projects
- Preferred Software experience - MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Submit your Resume for this job
Submit your resume for this role
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at ************** or email ****************** if you need an accommodation to complete the application process. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.stantec.com
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets in the infrastructure and facilities sector at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond.