Michael Baker International
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As modern technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Michael Baker International, seeks a Construction Associate I to join the Construction team. The Construction Associate I will work under the direction of a Project Engineer or Manager and alongside Construction Inspectors.
Primary Purpose: Accountable for performing various assignments relating to all groups supporting construction activities. This position builds spreadsheets, analyzes trends, communicates information to site staff/departments, travels to construction sites, and performs other general work for construction departments or works in the field directly for the project assisting in all areas of field operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review plans and specifications
* Attend progress meetings and organize meeting minutes
* Document Control. Track and process construction documents (RFI's, COR's, Submittals, etc.)
* Assists with project controls activities including tracking cost and developing schedules. Develops spreadsheets as requested.
* Review monthly progress payment applications and verify material quantities
* Assists field staff in any areas of operation (facilitators, inspectors, project controls, safety, etc.)
* Assists with construction estimates.
* Assists in pre-planning safety & health activities.
* Assists in execution of safety & health program elements for their respective field.
* Performs field observations with the quality assurance group.
* Reviews codes and project requirements.
* Assists startup in the home office with proposal preparation, commodity evaluations, and schedule development.
* Assists startup in the field with progress tracking, cost evaluations, commissioning, system walkdowns, and punch-list maintenance.
* Performs various other assignments at the request of construction management.
* Analyzes and communicates results of designated assignments.
* Individual contributor with no subordinates.
* Analytical skills
* Multi-tasking skills
* Communications skills, both written and oral
* Initiative, self-starter, highly motivated
* Attention to detail
* Interpersonal skills
* Mathematical skills
* Problem solving skills
* Computer skills
* Basic understanding of construction principles
* B.S. in Civil Engineering or Construction
* 0 - 3 years of experience working in civil engineering and construction
*MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Project (Proficient skills preferred)
*Software: AutoCAD, Bluebeam & Primavera P6 (bonus)
Michael Baker International
Website : http://www.mbakerintl.com
Baker (NYSE Amex: BKR), founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for public and private sector clients worldwide.