WHO WE ARE
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Traffic Practice Leader to join our Round Rock, TX office. The position would manage a team of engineers and planners, projects, and develop business in the traffic planning and engineering market.
* Be responsible for leading a variety of transportation corridor planning and traffic studies
* Prepare design plans, construction documents, specifications, and construction estimates.
* Prepare traffic engineering reports and analyses.
* Work with a multi-disciplined team and provide input on environmental and roadway design studies.
* Manage traffic related projects.
* Represent Michael Baker at technical meetings with agency staff, clients, and contractors.
* Prepare technical proposals, conduct business development activities and contribute to growing our business and this practice.
* Provide engineering design services for traditional design bid-build projects and design build highway projects.
* Possess strong verbal, written and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to lead and manage the design and detail of complex transportation projects; as well as being goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment and mentoring upcoming leaders.
* Collaborate with the transportation staff on the development of multi-modal projects, complete streets projects and engineering and planning studies.
* 15 plus years of relevant experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, Masters is preferred
* Professional engineering PE license in Texas
* Experience with TxDOT is required
* Strong client management and networking skills
* Proficient with Microsoft office, AutoCAD, traffic engineering software such as HCS, Synchro, and Bentley Micro Station
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to lead, mentor, proactively identify risks and provide alternative solutions
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: