REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-USFL01685231
About Bombardier transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Orlando, Florida, you will develop, implement and monitor strategic methods of daily surveillance and record keeping that will prove the catalyst for cost effective maintenance and capital infrastructure solutions.
You will develop accountability, follow-up and viable processes of a quality control and cost effective management that promotes and supports directly the overall improved infrastructure and profitability through improved customer service.
In your role you will:
- Manage and supervise Track and Bridge & Building Departments to ensure that the infrastructure under your direction is maintained in order to provide safe and efficient service to our customers;
- Provide technical Track and Bridge & Building support for the field forces under your direction;
- Provide an overview of the Track and Bridge & Building structure for capital improvements and/or possible funding;
- Support the company's strategies by insuring that the Track and Bridge & Building Departments continually achieve the performance expectations set forth or at a minimum constantly shows a measurable improvement toward achieving and/or exceeding the following performance expectations;
- Provide periodic inspections in accordance with the FRA requirements to meet service needs;
- Follow up on required FRA reports and inspections ensuring completion and verifying accuracy in order to comply with FRA regulations;
- Develop and direct maintenance and inspection activities of the tracks and traffic control to minimize equipment failures and resultant train delays in a cost effective manner with a sense of urgency;
- Develop and direct MOW plans in concert with Quality Assurance;
- Direct department supervisors and staff on fiscal control, payroll, payable and receivable accounts;
- Work with department supervisors to identify risk hazards associated with the safe operations of trains;
- Provide continuous safety improvement through a reduction in incident severity and frequency;
- Provide the support necessary to insure a safe working environment for SunRail employees;
- Insure that the necessary training is provided for Track and Bridge & Building employees;
- Check continuous improvement of incidents through system analysis;
- Insure that safety policies and procedures are being followed and enforced;
- Manage labor productivity and financial results for continuous improvement of projects;
- Provide overall management of projects in terms of labor requirements, material requirements, delivery of materials, scheduling, equipment utilization and work in progress;
- Produce project plans, scheduling, cost estimates and material requirements for projects and monitor to meet plan;
- Mentor, teach and train personnel;
- Help to insure safety standards and reporting are being adhered to by employees, along with quality track inspections, follow up and reporting;
- Physically inspect projects with direct reports to insure quality work and accurate estimates;
- Coordinate with other departments to minimize delays to operations and program work;
- Develop and provide Performance Management Plans for the development of the Track and Bridge & Building personnel;
- Manage the effective utilization of man power, equipment, vehicles, materials and contractor requirements to insure both quality and quantity of work being performed;
- Schedule and supervise all third party activities.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor´s degree in civil, mechanical or related engineering (field) or ten (10) years of progressive managerial experience related to the maintenance of Track, Bridge & Building and signaling systems.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-FL-Orlando
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
Job Posting: 16.05.2018, 6:22:45 PM
16.06.2018, 4:59:00 AM
Website : http://www.bombardier.com
We look far ahead to see and shape the future of mobility. Our goal is to continuously find better ways to bridge distances and bring people together. Across cities, countries and the globe. This is our passion. As the world’s only manufacturer of planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.