Position: Civil Engineering Project Manager ( PE Licensed ) - Civil Land Development Industry Experienced
Office Location: Sacramento, California 95834
Term: Full Time Permanent Employment
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development and Land Planning firm actively seeks PE Licensed Civil Engineer Project Manager to join our thriving Sacramento, California office.
This Civil Engineer Project Manager will typically report to our firms Principal and operates with a wide degree of latitude, with minimal supervision.
Civil Engineer Project Manager maintains competency in and serves as major firm resource in field of expertise. Will lead and be responsible for all phases of civil engineering land development project planning and design, willing directing civil engineering land development projects from start to finish.
CIVIL ENGINEER PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepares and monitors civil engineering land development project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of projects.
- Responsible for civil engineering land development project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as senior project engineer on complex civil engineering land development projects and as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Responsible for ensuring contracts are administered according to company goals.
- Develops engineering agreements for projects within the department.
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineers activities - may perform duties of a supervisor or department head.
- Handles contract administration.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Directs draftspersons / technicians to convert designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Manages significant marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements
ESSENTIAL CIVIL ENGINEER PROJECT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of (8) eight years experience or the equivalent thereof.
- Professional Licensed Engineer (PE) in the State of California (Required)
- Must have considerable to significant civil engineering project management experience pertaining to civil engineering land development projects such as residential subdivision or commercial site development projects.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Fresno, Folsom or Sacramento California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring / employment consideration; please email detailed resume and cover letter detailing your civil engineering background, skills, and experience to **** . We will follow up with you promptly for a next step interview.
Industry terms: land planner land planning land use planning land use planner civil engineering civil engineer licensed engineer professional engineer registered engineer PE P.E. EIT E.I.T. land development civil design civil designer subdivision residential single family multifamily commercial site development public works land planner land planning consultant consulting job jobs hire hiring employ employment career careers opportunity Sacramento folsom natomas California CA 559 916 530 209 LEED AP report reports plans budget schedule specifications estimate estimates construction documents code codes compliance Surveys Topographic Surveys American Land Title Association (ALTA Surveys) Right of Way Engineering Surveys Geodetic / Control Surveys global Positioning Systems (GPS) Engineering Construction Surveys Entitlement Studies Preliminary Sewer and Water Preliminary Grading and Drainage Traffic Studies Arboricultural reports Utilities Studies Bidding Bid Analysis Land Planning Master Planning and Land Use Maps Site Feasibility Reports Planning Consultation Preliminary Lotting Studies Vesting Tentative Maps Specific Plans General Development Plans Coordinate Application Package Applications and Submittals Mapping Final Subdivision Maps Final Parcel Maps Records of Surveys Lot Line Adjustments / Lot Mergers Assessment District Mapping Community Facilities District Mapping Estimates Sewer, Water and Drainage Calculations Specifcations Agency Submittals Construction Documents On-site Improvement Plans Off-site Improvement Plans Engineers Construction Cost Construction Services Construction Staking Construction Assistance SWPPP NPDES processing SWPPP Manual preparation SWPPP Compliance Inspection
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time