Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Denver, CO, 80238, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Mid Level Structural Design E...
| Jobs In Mid Level Stru...
| Jobs In Mid Level...
**Date:** Jan 31, 2018
**Location:** Denver, CO, US
**Requisition ID: 72262**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Engineering US has an immediate opening in its Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers group for an Experienced Structural Engineer. The position is based in Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers’ office in Denver, CO.
As an essential member of our engineering group, this position will carry out engineering design services. The engineering group is responsible for managing engineering assignments in support of Kiewit’s construction projects in both the US and Canada. As part of the engineering group, the successful candidate will work with other structural and geotechnical engineers, members of our interdisciplinary engineering team, as well as estimators, schedulers and construction experts to provide advice on construction methodology, risk and the design of temporary works.
**Responsibilities of the position may include** :
• Design of temporary structures, including falsework, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges, trestles, and other features relating to our construction operations.
• Perform calculations and structural designs as well as ensure accuracy of the design drawings.
• Produce quantities and cost estimates.
• Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
• Capable of transferring structural design and ideas to contract drawings.
• Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning.
• Other responsibilities could include heavy lift planning, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, erection procedures or planned sequences related to our construction operations.
**The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications** :
• Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering
• Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred.
• 5 years of relevant engineering experience is preferred.
• Professional Engineer licensure or eligibility within the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering.
• Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, BlueBeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
• Experience with working in a team setting.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Denver
**Job Segment:** Construction, Engineer, Geology, Structural Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineering
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."