Intern Engineer/Civil - Spring 2018- PART-TIME/Summer 2019 - FULL-TIME
Job LocationUS-FL-Lake MaryJob ID0218-17962
HNTB Job TitleIntern Engineer
Position TypeIntern Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, were encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, What if? Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, together can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB together also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And together means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. Together means that we are engaged in the communities we serve - we live there - and are committed to their growth and development.
Lake Mary, FL
office has a great
for a civil engineering student in our
for the Spring/Summer 2018!
This is a part-time position requiring 12-16 hours per week during Spring 2018.
HNTB does NOT pay for housing or relocation for this position.
Under close supervision, assists assigned department(s) and/or project(s) by performing basic engineering-related tasks which may reflect elements of standard post-secondary engineering curriculum, usually on a part-time, temporary, or co-op basis.
- Assists engineer teams in various tasks and duties.
- Assists Engineer with research, development and design of projects.
- Assists Engineer with the preparation of engineering drawings and documents as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Gathers engineering data from a variety of sources.
- Identifies design criteria
- Evaluates existing and proposed geometric conditions.
- Participates in site visits, project investigations and project meetings.
- Provides design efforts that adhere to quality and schedule requirements
- Assists in preparing and reviewing engineering reports and exhibits
- Assists in developing preliminary quantities and cost estimates
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent plus current enrollment in an accredited post-secondary engineering program
- Currentenrollment in an accredited post-secondary Civil Engineering program
- Graduation date ofMay2019 or later
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Proficient in use of MS Office, including MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skills with emphasis in systems approach to problem solving
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.hntb.com