Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc
VHB is seeking a Transportation Systems Team Leader to oversee the growing traffic design practice in our Bedford, NH office.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The Transportation Systems Team Leader will manage and direct a multi-disciplined team in the preparation of a broad range of transportation planning and traffic engineering projects in both the public and private sectors, including: corridor and access management planning; traffic impact studies; parking assessments; road safety audits; traffic control and management planning; and traffic signal systems and ITS design.
- Lead, manage and develop the Transportation Systems team
- Manage the backlog and scheduling of the team resources
- Guide the professional development of the team
- Develop proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work
- Assist in developing strategic initiatives for the team and the office
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines
- Manage the quality control and quality assurance of deliverables
- Support business development efforts in the traffic engineering arena
- Serve as Project Manager and Task Manager on transportation-related projects
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage complex projects of multidisciplinary nature
- Work in a collaborative, multidiscipline environment
- Strong client relationship management expertise
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Active in regional industry organizations
- Public outreach and community presentations experience
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- 10 years of transportation/traffic engineering experience in a professional consulting environment
- PE licensure
- PTOE certification desirable
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf
We move projects forward — that's what VHB has been doing for our clients and communities for 30 years. Providing multidisciplinary planning, design, engineering, and consulting for some of the nation's most complex infrastructure and development initiatives, VHB professionals take projects from concept to completion. Our planning, transportation, land development, and environmental professionals create successful and workable results, changing the face of the built environment.