**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is currently looking for a Staff Civil Engineer in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The candidate will be responsible for management, preparation and coordination and of all technical activities on assigned projects. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.The candidate will be able to ensure completion of projects on schedule and within budget constraints. As a licensed professional engineer, the candidate will have the authority to seal engineering documents.
This position is expected to have competent technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions. Acts as the designated representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates of all internal activities performed by engineering staff. Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program or project from conceptual design through construction. Is customer focused with a personal drive and reputation for meeting commitments and providing innovative solutions. Leads development of proposals, presentations, and cost estimates. Manages multi-discipline project delivery; ensures compliance with overall project objectives.
Why Work With Us?
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm
* Bachelors Degree in Civil Environmental Engineering; Masters degree preferred
* 8-9 years of experience
* 4-7 years of management experience
* Computer Skills Required: AutoCAD Civil3D 2017 including the associated applications of Hydroflow Hydrographs and Storm Sewers, Arc GIS, Revit, Microstation, HEC-RAS, Hydrology Studio, Carlson 2016, WaterCAD, Microsoft Office Word, and Excel
* PE license in Pennsylvania and Ohio required
* 40-Hr HAZWOPER, 8-Hr HAZWOPER, UST Certifications a plus.
* Experience on various site design projects, retail, commercial, and public sector projects, with experience in residential and commercial layouts, planning and engineering.
* Specific design experience required with site layout, grading, storm drainage, stormwater management, utilities, and erosion control.
* Familiarity and significant project experience with entitlement processes and local permitting regulations in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
* Experience with preparing stormwater management reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, NOI's, SWPPP's and NPDES Permit applications to the PADEP and OEPA.
* Experience with designing sanitary sewer collection systems including lift stations and small waste water treatment plants, water distribution systems, and storm sewer systems including retention/detention basins.
* Experience with preparing cost estimates and technical specifications as well as conducting pre-bid and pre-construction meetings and preparing O&M manuals.
* Experience with performing sanitary sewer evaluation studies and combined sewer overflow elimination projects is a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Effective collaboration skills.
* Team Player with willingness to adapt and learn new responsibilities and tasks.