Southfield, MI, United States
Civil Engineering, Construction, Manager
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing designs and construction of all activities in support of plant constructions, rebuilds, and existing plant upgrades. Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, and other construction efforts. Provides management support for Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations, and Project Management. Has accountability for managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of, departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Works with Construction Business partners to ensure they have proper resources to complete Fiber builds (Metro E line of business) within SLA's.
- Ensure focus on aging jobs (Retail\Carrier\Wholesale), provide action plan to complete pending jobs
- Manage new business orders sold by National Sales team
- Oversee and develop fiber strategy for best in class restoration
- Develop Fiber and auditing process's to ensure accurate system documentation
- Lead fiber team, assigning tasks to improve overall health of fiber network
- Schedules construction projects; oversees compliance of safety standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Initiates and monitors processes for expenditures and ensures budgets are met.
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety regulations are being upheld.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports on project status.
- Manages all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to Company Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State, County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Manages Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians to provide feedback in order to help employees with career development.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Engineering, Finance
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.