Phillips & Jordan is a 65 year old, privately-held corporation, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our Core Values - Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production - guide our business. We work in private and public sectors, employ over 1,000 individuals, and maintain a large heavy equipment fleet. We are licensed in 50 states and have performed complex work with aggressive schedules in over 40 states. Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, a proven solution.
Provide overall administrative and technical management on construction project site from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Monitor/control construction through communication with of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect companys interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting and the like.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
May directly supervise up to 20 supervisors with crews of 200.
- Must be willing to travel and/or relocate.
- Civil Earthwork and Utility experience preferred.
- Knowledge of construction, design, finance and management.
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and activities.
Education and Experience:
Four year Construction Management or Civil Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Minimum of five years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?