LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
About The Opportunity
What you ll do
Purpose of the Role
Key individual responsible for all aspects of the Alamance Facility. This includes evaluating the infrastructure requirements within the facility. Close interaction with all plant departments and other sites functional management will be required. This individual will be the focal point for all communication on facility related issues and is responsible for directing the efforts of the facilities technicians.
* Responsible for the generation and facilitation of Capital Appropriation Requests associated with facilities projects.
* Support Engineering, Maintenance, and Production with new equipment installation and existing equipment relocation.
* Manage outside contractors on projects related to facilities modifications, renovations, installations and utilities.
* Single point of contact for utilities management and negotiation.
* Evaluate current and future requirements for plant utilities (power, air, grease, etc)
* Manage any design and installation of the new Best In Class grease distribution system
* Assist in the evaluation and selection of facility equipment
* Assist in the development of plant layouts
* Development of the updated facility drawing/schematics
* Recognize and implement energy conservation upgrades
* Responsible for the review facility related Blanket Purchase Orders and contracts
* Bachelor s Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering preferred) OR 10 year of Facilities experience in lieu of a Degree.
* 5 years of experience as a Facilities Engineer in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
* 2 5 years Project Management experience (P&L, Negotiations, Capital Projects)
* 2 years of Supervisory/Lead experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong computer skills
* Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
* N4 EAM, MFG Pro experience is preferred
* Knowledge/Experience working with HVAC systems
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world s automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace is a First Tier supplier to the global aviation industry, working on every major fixed and rotary-wing aerospace platform. A leader in composite and metallic technologies, our business is equally focused on military and civil markets. Substantial investment ensures GKN Aerospace is at the forefront of technology. Partnering with the world’s major platforms and engine OEMs, we deliver competitive advantage through advanced design and manufacturing that provides best value and enhanced performance: advantages which retain our position as a world leader in aerostructures, engine products, nacelles and transparencies. All products are backed by GKN Aerospace’s comprehensive, agile and responsive aftermarket services. As a global aerospace provider with over 10,000 employees, including over 1,000 design engineers delivering exceptional engineering services, GKN Aerospace offers a unique ‘follow-the-sun’ capability: we work with customers to meet their requirements on a 24/7 basis to ensure challenging program timescales are met.