Raleigh, NC, United States
Civil Engineering, Engineering
Roadway/MOT Designer / EIT','153135','!*!About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' videoWe believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Roadway/MOT Designer / EIT, we'll count on you to:
• Work under the direction of the project manager and senior engineers on transportation projects that include Roadway design and Temporary Traffic Control (TTC) design.• Assist with the design and production of engineering plans (Roadway and TTC) and estimates for a variety of highway projects from simple bridge replacement projects to complex interchange redesign projects in both urban and rural environments. A Temporary Traffic Control Plan (TTC) is a plan established to clearly direct and control traffic during construction of a project. The designer evaluates the engineering plans from all related disciplines and determines the temporary traffic control measures to be used to construct a project. The TTC facilitates road users through a work zone while providing continuity of reasonably safe and efficient road user flow.• Assist with design calculations associated with the development of both Roadway and TTC plans.• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or closely related Traffic Engineering Field
• Roadway or Temporary Traffic Control Related Experience is preferred but will consider a more junior candidate with a strong educational background, particularly if an EIT with internship experience.
• EIT or ability to obtain within 12 months. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of Roadway Designer and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, standard CAD platforms (Microstation preferred)
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to complete tasks
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.• Preference given to local candidates.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. ','United States-North Carolina-Raleigh','United States-North Carolina-Charlotte','','','','','Highway Road','Full-time','Regular','','Highways','Highways','Feb 20, 2019','Roadway/MOT Designer / EIT
Website : http://www.hdrinc.com
HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through our various operating companies. Our professionals are committed to helping clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.