TJG Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer - EIT or PE Licensed
Civil Engineering Land Development - Residential Subdivisions & Commercial Site Development
Position: Senior Civil Engineer - Civil Engineering Land Development Industry Experienced
Office Location: Fresno California 93711
Term: Full Time Permanent Employment
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development and Land Planning firm actively seeks Senior Civil Engineer to join our thriving Fresno California office.
This Senior Civil Engineer will typically report to the Civil Project Manager and works with a wide degree of latitude, with minimal supervision. May act as a Civil Project Manager on small civil land development projects or as necessary.
Senior Civil Engineer responsible for all facets of assigned civil engineering land development projects to ensure the timely completion while operating within budget constraints. And is largely involved in civil engineering project planning, designs, and directing projects by performing the following duties.
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for civil engineering project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as senior civil project engineer on complex projects and as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Participates in determination of appropriate pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed civil engineering projects.
- Assists with the development of engineering agreements for projects within the department.
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff
- Develops probable construction cost estimated for projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineer's activities - may perform duties of a supervisor or department head
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for civil engineering land development projects
- Directs civil drafts / technicians to convert designs to civil land development working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements
ESSENTIAL SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of (5) five years experience or the equivalent thereof. Maintains competency in and serves as major firm resource in field of expertise.
- Professional Licensed Engineer (PE) in the State of California is required, but can be substituted by a Master's degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have considerable to significant civil engineering experience pertaining to civil engineering land development projects such as residential subdivision or commercial site development projects.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Fresno, California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration please email detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Industry terms: civil engineering civil engineer licensed engineer professional engineer registered engineer PE P.E. EIT E.I.T. land development civil design civil designer subdivision residential single family multifamily commercial site development public works land planner land planning consultant consulting job jobs hire hiring employ employment career careers opportunity Sacramento folsom natomas California CA 559 916 530 209 LEED AP report reports plans budget schedule specifications estimate estimates construction documents code codes compliance Surveys Topographic Surveys American Land Title Association (ALTA Surveys) Right of Way Engineering Surveys Geodetic / Control Surveys global Positioning Systems (GPS) Engineering Construction Surveys Entitlement Studies Preliminary Sewer and Water Preliminary Grading and Drainage Traffic Studies Arboricultural reports Utilities Studies Bidding Bid Analysis Land Planning Master Planning and Land Use Maps Site Feasibility Reports Planning Consultation Preliminary Lotting Studies Vesting Tentative Maps Specific Plans General Development Plans Coordinate Application Package Applications and Submittals Mapping Final Subdivision Maps Final Parcel Maps Records of Surveys Lot Line Adjustments / Lot Mergers Assessment District Mapping Community Facilities District Mapping Estimates Sewer, Water and Drainage Calculations Specifcations Agency Submittals Construction Documents On-site Improvement Plans Off-site Improvement Plans Engineers Construction Cost Construction Services Construction Staking Construction Assistance SWPPP NPDES processing SWPPP Manual preparation SWPPP Compliance Inspection
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time