TJG Civil Engineer
Water Resources Engineer - Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydraulics Engineering Industry Experienced
Civil Engineering Land Development - Residential Subdivisions & Commercial Site Development
Sacramento or Folsom, California Office
Position: Water Resources Engineer - Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydraulics Engineering Experienced
Office Locations: Sacramento or Folsom, California
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development and Planner firm actively seeks Water Resources Engineer to join our thriving Sacramento or Folsom, California office.
Typically reports to senior civil engineer or civil project manager and operates with a limited degree of latitude with general supervision.
This Associate Water Resources Engineer will assist in water resources, hydrology, and hydraulics engineering planning, designing, and directing civil engineering projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a Water Resources Project Engineer and as a designated client contact when necessary.
- Assist in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed Water Resources Engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of Water Resources Engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares Water Resources Engineering construction drawings, specification, cost and quantity estimates.
- Attends client meetings
- May direct and supervise other civil engineers, civil draftspersons, or civil technician's activities.
- Performs Water Resources Engineering conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses.
- Prepares detailed Water Resources Engineering reports and supporting documents.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other engineering disciplines.
- Familiar with Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling software (i.e. HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, Flo-2D, HY-8, SacCalc, and Bentley WaterCAD).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements.
WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university
- A minimum of (5) five years' experience with civil land development practices/processes and Water Resources/Hydrology/Hydraulics Engineering or the equivalent thereof.
- Licensed Professional Engineer PE in California is preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, or Civil 3D software is a plus.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Folsom or Sacramento California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration please email detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry terms: land planner land planning land use planning land use planner civil engineering civil engineer licensed engineer professional engineer registered engineer PE P.E. EIT E.I.T. land development civil design civil designer subdivision residential single family multifamily commercial site development public works land planner land planning consultant consulting job jobs hire hiring employ employment career careers opportunity Sacramento folsom natomas California CA 559 916 530 209 LEED AP report reports plans budget schedule specifications estimate estimates construction documents code codes compliance Surveys Topographic Surveys American Land Title Association (ALTA Surveys) Right of Way Engineering Surveys Geodetic / Control Surveys global Positioning Systems (GPS) Engineering Construction Surveys Entitlement Studies Preliminary Sewer and Water Preliminary Grading and Drainage Traffic Studies Arboricultural reports Utilities Studies Bidding Bid Analysis Land Planning Master Planning and Land Use Maps Site Feasibility Reports Planning Consultation Preliminary Lotting Studies Vesting Tentative Maps Specific Plans General Development Plans Coordinate Application Package Applications and Submittals Mapping Final Subdivision Maps Final Parcel Maps Records of Surveys Lot Line Adjustments / Lot Mergers Assessment District Mapping Community Facilities District Mapping Estimates Sewer, Water and Drainage Calculations Specifcations Agency Submittals Construction Documents On-site Improvement Plans Off-site Improvement Plans Engineers Construction Cost Construction Services Construction Staking Construction Assistance SWPPP NPDES processing SWPPP Manual preparation SWPPP Compliance Inspection
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time