ELECTRICAL ENGINEER / ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (PROJECT TEAM LEADER)
Facilities Electrical Engineering Power and Lighting Design
Title: Electrical Engineer / Electrical Designer ( Project Team Leader)
Location: Sacramento, California 95825
Sacramento-based provider of exceptional electrical engineering and lighting design services for public and private sector clients, actively seeks Electrical Engineer / Electrical Designer with project management level experience to join our thriving Sacramento, CA office.
Electrical Engineer / Electrical Designer Qualifications and Experience Needed:
* Graduate of an accredited electrical engineering program (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree)
* Certified EIT or Licensed Professional Engineer, P.E. (strongly preferred)
* Minimum of at least 5 years professional work experience in electrical facilities design (Facilities Electrical Power and Lighting design industry)
* Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred (not required)
* Qualified electrical engineer / electrical designer should be able to demonstrate past experience with at least one of the following project types: Healthcare / Medical OSHPD, Electrical Utility Engineering, Water/Wastewater, or Power Quality projects.
* SKM, USGBC and/or LEED certification are a plus
* Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Candidates with past work experience working for firms such as Guttmann & Blaevoet, Stantec, Arup, Syska Hennessy Group, PBS Engineers, CB Engineers, CDM Smith, Summit Engineering, Mazzetti, LP Consulting Engineers, Edge Electrical Consulting, Chase Electrical Engineering, HDR, Glumac, Cupertino Electric, or Brown and Caldwell would likely be an excellent fit for our office. (Plus)
Electrical Engineer / Electrical Designer Responsibilities:
As a electrical project team leader, provide the leadership, planning, creativity, organization, direction, coordination and control necessary to complete assigned facilities electrical power and lighting projects.
Direct electrical project related work of the designers and CADD operators on assigned projects. Control the project from start to finish, which includes electrical design, scheduling work of other team members assigned, budget control, review of projects, efficiency and quality of work of team members.
Represent the firm on project technical matters in design and construction support including, but not limited to, field investigation, meeting attendance, response to comments, construction submittal review, and response to requests for information.
Manage assigned projects from design concept through construction with assistance from design and drafting support staff. Research and gather all available information for the design of electrical systems (power, lighting, voice/data, fire/security alarm and audio/video communications) per project scope of work, codes and standards.
Maintain communication with clients and other engineering disciplines to coordinate project planning and design requirements.
Review design and/or construction documents for accuracy and compliance. Prepare project specifications, forms and reports. Direct project team members to follow technical production standards.
Maintain the projects’ production within schedule and budget.
Perform project site observations for compliance to construction documents.
Participate in professional affiliations, seminars and workshops.
OUR FIRM AT A GLANCE:
Recognized as one of the Sacramento area’s most respected Electrical Engineering Consulting Services firms, we are committed to your professional development in the exciting and challenging Architecture / Engineering / Construction industry. Start or build your career working on great projects that add value to the local community, demonstrate our commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability, and improve the quality of life in the region. We’re proud of our relationships with clients in the markets we serve and we know that it’s the integrity and capability of our team that keeps these relationships strong year after year.
Our Services Include electrical engineering, lighting design, fire alarm systems, telecommunications, low voltage systems, and specialty consulting.
Our typical project types consist of a variety of healthcare, commercial, civil, k-12 and higher education, institutional, industrial, and transportation projects.
Benefits of joining our firm:
* A flexible work environment that encourages leadership and responsibility
* Relationships and opportunities that foster your professional growth and development
* Company commitment to your well-being and satisfaction
Paid vacation, personal leave, and holidays
Major medical, dental, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage, including full coverage for you and your qualified dependents
401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
Section 125 cafeteria plan (AFLAC)
Wellness program including paid health club membership
Please email detailed resume to **** for immediate and completely confidential employment consideration. We look forward to becoming better acquainted with you and your career goals.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time