Long Beach, CA, United States
Civil Engineering, Engineering
Jun 27, 2022
Oct 10, 2022
Field Engineer II - Heavy Civil - Southwest District
Join a recognized leader in Construction! If stability and career growth are important to you apply today! We had a record year in 2021, and our business in Arizona and Nevada is growing. We have an even bigger backlog of work going into 2022. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up.
We are adding Construction Field Engineers to our team in our Southwest district. If you have a passion for mentoring others, as a Field Engineer II, you will be the primary and lead engineer on the Project, and report directly to the Project Manager. This means more visibility and growth for your career and development to move up into a Superintendent role or into project engineering/project management. As a Field Engineer II, you will be expected to be a job-site leader in health and safety, ensuring quality of reporting and workmanship, and that all engineering work is completed in a professional and ethical manner. Your main functions will include contract administration, project planning and scheduling, and project reporting, and you will play an advisory role to Project Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, transportation, water/wastewater and power projects, and we typically self-perform most of the work. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, PCCP paving, utilities and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry with safety, quality, costs and schedule in mind. This district includes projects in Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho and New Mexico. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Phoenix, Arizona and Las Vegas Nevada. Relocation assistance is available.
Construction Field Engineering roles could include any of the following functions or focus:
• Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
• Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
• Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
• Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
• Order and schedule material deliveries
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
• Supervise field operations
• Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
• Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
• Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
• Assist in preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
• Assist in schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
• Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
• Assist with entering data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
• Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
• Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
• Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
• Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
• 2 years' construction field experience on heavy civil or infrastructure related projects. Experience and/or interest in leading others on a construction project.
• BS degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field
• Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative; Open to travel and willing to relocate to different projects around the region.
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position
an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing
upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Website : http://www.kiewit.com