Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Denver, CO, 80238, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Early Career Roadway Design E...
| Jobs In Early Career R...
| Jobs In Early Car...
**Date:** Jan 18, 2018
**Location:** Denver, CO, US
**Requisition ID: 71801**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is the in-house engineering company of Kiewit. KIE’s key specialties cover all the bases, including engineering and contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit district, joint venture partner projects by supporting management and design at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
KIE has an immediate opening in its Civil Engineering Department for an entry level Roadway/Civil Engineer Responsibilities include:
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, superelevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Final design plan production.
• Development of 3D models utilizing InRoads.
• Interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure those project elements are designed as an integrated unit.
• Developing exhibits for meetings and proposals.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
• 0-3 years of civil / highway design experience
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
• Knowledge of Microstation, and InRoads
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel (up to 10-25%) across North America.
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Denver
**Job Segment:** Construction, Engineer, Transportation, Design Engineer, Civil Engineer, Engineering
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."