Black & Veatch Holding Company
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Civil Engineering, Engineering, Environmental
Black & Veatch is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join a well-established water/wastewater team in our downtown Los Angeles office. The Project Engineer will be responsible for civil discipline design elements for municipal water and wastewater treatment facility projects and provide guidance and support to larger teams for design of more complex projects in the Southern California market. The Project Engineer will assume leadership responsibilities such as management of scope, budget and schedule; mentoring staff and identifying developmental growth opportunities; and developing strong relationships with clients and contractors. This role will offer a wide variety of individual project assignments to develop technical knowledge and leadership skills. Some assignments may require occasional travel to other Black & Veatch offices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare detailed engineering reports, studies, and supporting documents.
• Prepare project drawings, specifications, and opinions of cost.
• Perform complex detailed design engineering calculations.
• Apply standard design principles and concepts and ensure all design products are in compliance with applicable engineering codes and Black & Veatch policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with multi-discipline teams and work together to evaluate alternatives and resolve technical issues.
• Lead project teams to achieve project delivery in a timely manner with a focus on quality while exceeding client expectations.
• Provide creativity and ideas for marketing and pursuit opportunities.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience managing and leading a multi-disciplinary team to deliver water and wastewater facility design projects
• California PE (or the ability to obtain within 90 days of start date)
• Previous consulting experience
• Proficiency with computer software, including MS Office Suite and Project Software, Civil 3D and MicroStation
• Experience preparing proposals, producing design drawings, preparing technical specifications, and providing construction phase services
Black & Veatch Holding Company
Website : http://www.bv.com
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.