Senior Lead Inspector - BE5 In Training
$62,748.00 - $90,888.00 Annually
NOTE: This recruitment will be open until filled. Application assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicants advantage to apply as early as possible.
The Opportunity: The Washington State Department of Transportations State Bridge and Structures Office is currently seeking a qualified bridge inspector to fill a Senior Lead Inspector vacancy as a Bridge Engineer 5, In-training. This Senior Lead Inspector is responsible for the completion of the in-service bridge inspections and reports in conformance with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and WSDOT requirements and procedures.
*Note: This position has an in-training plan that can be filled at either the Bridge Engineer 4 or Bridge Engineer 5 level. The salaries for each position are:
Bridge Engineer 4- $62,748 - $82,344 annually, depending on qualifications.
Bridge Engineer 5- $69,240 - $90,888 annually, depending on qualifications.
This position will give you the opportunity be an expert in your field and work with hard working, knowledgeable, hands-on professionals in bridge engineering. If you have a background in bridge engineering, like to work outside, travel, use a variety of different equipment, and be part of a team who is responsible for the safety of our traveling public, this may just be your new opportunity!
This position will perform the following work:
- Operate a variety of equipment in the process of conducting bridge inspections, including but not limited to: UBITs, bucket trucks, scaffolding, boats and safety harness hardware.
- Lead other Senior Lead Bridge Inspectors where multiple inspection teams are utilized to complete an inspection.
- Prepare and complete bridge inspection reports.
- Plan and prepare for bridge inspections utilizing Bridge Program Management and other planning tools.
- Serve as a statewide expert on bridge inspections for Regional and Headquarters staff.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- For the Bridge Engineer 4 (BE4) level, one year of experience as a Bridge Engineer 3 (BE3) or equivalent. For the Bridge Engineer 5 (BE5) level, two years experience as a BE4 or equivalent.
- A valid drivers license with the ability to travel statewide with frequent overnight stays.
- Ability to work approximately 2 weekends per month.
- Ability to work at heights exceeding 100 feet, in confined spaces and over water.
- Ability to safely and proficiently operate a variety of equipment in the process of conducting bridge inspections, including but not limited to: UBITs, bucket trucks, scaffolding, technical rope access, boats and safety harness hardware.
- Professional Engineering License (P.E.) or Structural Engineering License (S.E.) in Washington State.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card).
- Certified Team Leader for bridge inspections as defined by the Code Of Federal Regulations (23 CFR 650.309) is required for the BE5 level and is desired for the BE4 level.
- Experience performing NBIS Bridge Condition Inspections is required for the BE5 level and is desired at the BE4 level.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click on the large apply button at the top of this announcement. If you have not done so previously, you will need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions. As part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Erik Lunke at ************ or email to *******************. Please reference recruitment number 17DOT-HQ-01863m.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call or email the recruiter.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?