Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges
that affect the world?
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
– Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
– Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
IT infrastructure modernization
– Helping 2 million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
Transportation security solutions
– Securing U.S. borders with 1200 radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits
of working for a world-class employer.
When you join **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.,
you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***....Practical Answers for a Complicated World
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Lead Transmission Line Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design.
Location: This position will be located in one of the following **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. office locations: Orlando, FL – Charlotte, NC – Raleigh, NC – Cincinnati, OH – Indianapolis, IN
The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform: engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
The position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
• 12 years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• B.S. degree in Electrical/Civil Engineering
• M.S. degree in Structural Engineering (preferred)
• Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred)
Desired Skills and Attributes:
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Ability to develop staff through mentoring
• Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models.
• Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
• PLS-CADD, POLE, and TOWER
• Microsoft Office products
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Bentley Microstation
• Bentley Projectwise
• ESRI ArcGIS Programs
• Microsoft SharePoint
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Overview:
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit **** The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.