Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Denver, CO, 80238, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Sr Geotechnical Engin Denver
| Jobs In Sr Geotechnica...
| Jobs In Sr Geotec...
**Date:** Feb 1, 2018
**Location:** Denver, CO, US
**Requisition ID: 71366**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is the in-house engineering company of Kiewit Corporation. KIE’s key specialties cover all the bases, including engineering and contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis.
KIE serves Kiewit district, joint venture partner projects by supporting management and design at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
Kiewit Corporation has an immediate opening in its Denver (Englewood) Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers office location for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer position is responsible for engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business. This will require knowledge of geotechnical engineering, rock mechanics and geotechnical design associated with heavy civil construction. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will work with an interdisciplinary team that includes structural engineers, roadway engineers, drainage engineers, material engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis and design. Our geotechnical engineers support project pursuits, awarded projects, and construction engineering. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the production and/or review of engineering reports, geotechnical analysis, and directing the work of staff geotechnical engineers.
This position requires travel to project offices and work sites and periodic field assignments.
• The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business.
• Support of the bid phase development of innovative and cost-effective design.
• Working within the pursuit team during the bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks.
• Support efforts to capture and spread design lessons learned knowledge to all Districts.
• Support efforts to develop and spread design innovation knowledge to all Districts.
• Work with the interdisciplinary engineering team and design subcontractors to ensure the most cost effective design is developed.
• Train and develop junior engineers.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
• 15 years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S.
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering.
• Experience with support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, ground improvement, deep foundations, shallow foundations, dewatering, mining, and/or dam design is an asset.
• Experience working in a team setting and directing the work of others.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability to travel to project sites and/or relocate based on business needs.
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Denver
**Job Segment:** Geotechnical Engineering, Construction, Technical Support, Engineer, Geology, Engineering, Technology
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."