Job Location: Kiewit Corporation, Peachtree City, GA, 30269, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Grading Superintend Peachtree...
| Jobs In Grading Superi...
| Jobs In Grading S...
**Date:** Feb 19, 2018
**Location:** Peachtree City, GA, US
**Requisition ID: 72701**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Oversee field personnel, daily/weekly schedules, and construction operations
• Supervise and schedule grading crews and subcontractors on a daily basis
• Take an active role in emphasizing safety, quality and production, leading by example
• Coordinate equipment and crews and other job related activities to maximize efficiency
• Develop and train Superintendents, Engineers, Foremen and Craft Workers
• Ensure that ALL resources assigned are maintained, protected, secured and used at optimum efficiency
• Have a working knowledge of all required plans and specifications
• Assist with survey and field layout
• Carry out job duties while maintaining Kiewit values
• And other duties as assigned
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience for a Heavy Civil contractor
• Demonstrated decision making skills
• Ability to work in high production environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Working understanding of types of equipment necessary for production
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
• Must have experience with Federal requirements
• Must be willing to travel if necessary
• Excellent team building skills is a must
• Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar is desired but not necessary
• Must have superior math computation skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and quickly adaptable to changing conditions across all spectrums.
• Demonstrated and verifiable ability to manage, supervise, schedule, and delegate on large and complicated projects
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Fayetteville
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Atlanta
**Job Segment:** Construction, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Civil Engineer, Engineering
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."