Careers Center | Civil Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Civil Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Location US-CA-Walnut Creek
Posted Date 6 hours ago(2/12/2018 7:24 PM)
Job ID 33810
# of Openings Remaining 2
Experience (Years) 0
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the worlds top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differentlyas a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into waters potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, were helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into waters vast potential.
Stantec is seeking qualified applicants for a Civil or Environmental Engineering Internship to be located in our Walnut Creek, CA office. This is an opportunity for a college junior, senior or graduate student to support planning, design, construction, and project management for municipal water and wastewater projects including treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to design and cross-training
- Performing research and contacting vendors for information
- Assist with site visits and field investigations as necessary
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework towards a degree in civil engineering; or related field, be currently enrolled in an accredited degree program and expect Junior, Senior or Graduate Student status for fall of 2017.
- GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- Good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Please include all pertinent classes and projects on resume.
- Cover letter explaining your desire to work in the municipal water and wastewater industry and why you would be the best fit for Stantec.
- Resume including chronological work experience and relevant academic history.
Submit your Resume for this job
Submit your resume for this role
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at ************** or email ****************** if you need an accommodation to complete the application process. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.stantec.com
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets in the infrastructure and facilities sector at every stage, from initial concept and financial feasibility to project completion and beyond.