Ameren Services Company
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in Illinois. Our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com or find us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois. For more on the ActOnEnergy program, visit actonenergy.com.
About The Position
The Gas Engineer performs system studies in order to develop plans, designs, and provide project coordination including forecasting, cost estimating and budgeting for the operation, maintenance and construction of the gas distribution system (60 psig & below) with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain a plan for future improvements and expansions of the gas distribution system, which ensures system integrity and continuity.
* Plan, design, budget, engineer, and manage gas construction projects related to reliability, government highway projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the gas distribution system.
* Provide technical support to Distribution Design Supervisor, Field Engineering Representatives, Distribution Design Specialists, the Gas Construction Supervisors, other departments, customers and other organizations.
* Insure and maintain Gas Code Compliance facilities data from which compliance activities are driven from.
* As required, prepare bid packages, present information to contractors at bid meetings, and assist the Gas Construction Supervisors.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of division and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in division operations to control costs and improve productivity. Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university required. EIT (Engineer-in-Training) or PE (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. Gas distribution related engineering experience preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relations skills; Subject to 24-hour emergency call; and the following Ameren competencies: Think Customer, Inspire and Engage, Foster Innovation, Drive Results, Champion Learning, Build Trust, and Be Strategic.
Ameren s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.