K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC.
Summer Associate - Land Acquisition
MD - Gambrills
Temporary Full Time
Summer Associate will support the Land Acquisition Manager/Director in providing an adequate supply of land to fulfill the business unit's production needs on an ongoing basis.
This position will shadow/assist the Land Acquisition Analyst in completion the following duties.
- Identify acquisition opportunities through contacts with brokers, builders, bankers, landowners, engineers, planners, attorneys, municipal officials, and in-house contacts.
- Develop a broad understanding of the various municipalities within the territory.
- Become knowledgeable on K. Hovnanian competitors.
- Develop knowledge on approvals/permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, superfund sites, building costs, affordable housing/contribution, overhead allocation, and interest carry.
- Prepare graphs, maps, marketing boards and standard features comparisons.
- Review and interpret zoning and land use ordinances and master plans.
Ideal candidate will be someone who is actively pursuing a college degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, and has a strong interest in the homebuilding industry.