Processes custom construction loan applications, obtaining all necessary information, documents and prepares closing documents. Reviews data for compliance with policy/regulatory requirements and loan terms and forwards file to custom construction underwriter for review and approval/denial.
* Ensures custom construction loan application received by bank are complete
* Coordinate, monitors and collects as necessary, required due diligence items
* Coordinates and prepares documents, draws and funding requests. Responsible for accuracy, checks, and balances
* Maintains loan files and disbursement files with sufficient documentation for third party review and prepares files for timely audits
* Verifies application information through written and verbal processes
* Prepares files for closing documents for the loan transaction within system
* Reviews and delivers closing documents to settlement agent
* Reviews and approves HUD-1 / Closing Disclosure
* Ensures that the documents requested comply with bank policy and that document packages are complete to minimize the risk of loss to the bank
* Investigates and resolves all but the most complex document questions
* Underwrite conventional loan files meeting FNMA/FHLMC guidelines and secondary market investor requirements
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* 5 years in commercial, real estate, custom construction loan processing
* High School diploma or GED
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with lenders and clients on project status
* Extensive knowledge of construction industry and construction lending
* Advanced knowledge of title, escrow and loan documentation
* Demonstrated ability to organize and process multiple document request to assure timely and accurate completion
* Demonstrated project management levels and coordinate others in project task completion
* Strong research and problem solving capabilities
* Effective verbal and written communication skill
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
* Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
* Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
* Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
* Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
* Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
* Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
* Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
* Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
* Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
* Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
* Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
* Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment