Trimble Iron Solutions is seeking to fill the position of Construction Equipment Appraiser - Assistant Manager for their Franklin, TN location near Nashville.
Iron Solutions is the leader in retail - transaction based agricultural equipment valuations and forecasting. The company is expanding their services into the Construction Equipment sector and needs an experienced industry professional to assist with research, collection, development of and input and output of data used in Iron Solutions' web - based Official Guide Construction Equipment products.
* Assemble data from manufacturers and dealers essential to the process of publishing valuation data for used construction equipment in the Iron Solutions Official Guide
* Assume editing duties for select group of models to establish Guide values each issue
* Validate existing equipment option selection and values for all models and update database
* Review, edit and approve dealer sales report data for inclusion in Guide products
* Develop and implement recommendations for improving data analytics and derivative products, including valuations and business intelligence products
* Review processes and suggest improvements that create efficiencies in publishing the Official Guide valuation data while maintaining data integrity
* Monitor conditions that impact used equipment market
* Perform deep-dive analysis around selected issues associated with the data and values developed from it
* Maintain close contact with manufacturers, dealers and other industry-related contacts in order to obtain relevant information to support the products
* Handle customer inquiries relating to Official Guide products
* Assist with research, analysis and leadership on projects to create revenue generating informational products from our existing data
* Conduct rental rate survey every 2 years and update rental tables
* Assist with defining and testing enhancements for online Guide products
Skills & Experience Required
* Strong knowledge of the construction equipment industry, preferably from a dealership or retail background and detailed understanding of commonly used equipment and factors that impact value
* Possess a sound methodological understanding of and experience in statistical analysis
* Knowledge of relational databases with solid research skills and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively with industry contacts
* Proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* College degree in statistics / economics or equivalent relevant experience
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D