Our Construction Operations Managers are accountable for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution along with the accountability for the success of construction project execution. These construction leaders have the authority to allocate resources and make construction execution decisions for assigned areas in accordance with the Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual commitments.
This opportunity is located and officed out of our Home Office in beautiful Overland Park, Kansas – one of the largest suburbs in the Kansas City Metro. Here at BVCI, we offer highly competitive benefits packages including relocation assistance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides construction support for regional construction projects and proposals.
• Directs administration of construction personnel for regional construction projects.
• Develops construction execution plan for projects and proposals which minimizes cost and duration of construction activities.
• Monitors, evaluates, and reports performance of assigned construction projects to regional and division management.
• Provides recommendations to Director of Construction regarding project staff assignments/teams.
• Acts as liaison between offices for all construction related matters.
• Communicates lessons learned.
• Directs corrective action for discipline problems or poor performance within region. Keeps Department and Human Resources Department involved and informed as required.
• Enforces and interprets division and department policies, standards, and procedures.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities; which add value. Examples of these efforts are: championing continuous improvement efforts, assessing and supporting the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements, as well as proactively supports, encourages, and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Competitive Relocation Assistance Available!
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
• 10-20 years of construction operations experience, based on assigned area of operations.
• Valid Drivers License
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction preferred
• 10 - 20 years of Power Generation industry/construction experience
• Previous construction experience as a site manager overseeing direct hire craft and subcontractors.
• Familiarity with various collective bargaining agreements; ability to review, interpret and negotiate labor agreements
• Able to deliver Project Gross Margin on project assignment
• Company practices, process and related impact on project activities
• Risk assessment policies and procedures
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Approach to managing construction operations
• Conceptual planning ability
• Problem solving skills
• Leadership skills