DEA is adding a Junior CAD Designer to its Denver, CO or Spokane, WA Bridge Groups. The successful candidate will work with a team of engineers and be responsible for providing CAD drafting and design during the planning, design and construction of transportation structures (bridges, tunnels, retaining walls and hydraulic structures). Structure types typically consist of reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete and steel. The successful candidate will assist engineers by demonstrating leadership and initiative to provide sheet lists, detailing estimates, and full sets of working drawings for large and small projects. Experience with Department of Transportation (DOT) CAD standards is preferred; particularly in Colorado, Washington, and Idaho. Additional DOT CAD experience in Montana, California, and Oregon is also considered valuable for this position.
Other duties include:
* Initiate the production of plan sets to include standard drawings and engineering details. Perform research, as required, to ensure the use of the most recent standard drawings as issued by DOT's and municipalities.
* Perform red-line changes to contract drawings.
* Set up and maintain standard drawing files and adhere to company drafting standards as applicable to each project.
* Manage the execution of work assignments within an allocated budget.
* Review all work for completeness and accuracy and adhere to schedule and quality expectations established by contract and industry standards.
* 1 years of experience in transportation structure CAD drafting/design.
* 1 years of experience in structural drafting using Revit.
* Associates Degree in Drafting and Design Technology or related field.
* Must be organized, detail-oriented, and work well under tight deadlines.
* Desire and willingness to work in a team-based environment that involves coordination with multiple design disciplines and offices.
* Highly proficient in Microstation V8i and AutoCAD 2015 and newer versions
* Experience with Inroads and AutoCAD Civil 3D
* Experience with ProjectWise Explorer
* Knowledge of civil design and survey
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work with project staff in remote offices.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.